In 4th grade we learned how to print on a paper by using a styrofoam stamp.
These are the steps.
- First, we drew a picture of our selfs.
- Then, we traced our styrofoam in our sketch book, so we know what the size is.
- In the rectangle we drew our self-portrait again (the right size)
- Labeled two pages of our sketchbook and wrote "practice print" and "placing print"
- We printed in our sketchbooks: using ink, brayers, and the ink plates
- Then we started on our final poster after our practice prints
- Then we printed on our sketchbook covers
- We printed our self portrait three times on our posters with three different colors (with choices of 5 colors: red, orange, yellow, green, and blue)
- We wore aprons and got our art brains to work
- On the last day we had a free printing day
Vinay: I think this project was fun because I like getting messy. I like how I got to put the picture of my self on the front cover of my sketchbook.
Nina: I thought this project was exciting to learn how to print. I thought at the end everything looked really pretty: our posters and our sketchbooks.
Aarushi: It was a wonderful way to put our art brains to work!
Kennedy: It was so fun I'm speechless.
Blog update brought to you by 4C